Days of action – April 19 & 21
Are you sick and tired of animals suffering in circuses in the United States? Just a few minutes of your time could take us another step closer to ending the misery.
The elephants, bears, tigers, lions, and monkeys that are chained and caged in US circuses need your help, and the time is now.
Studies of the use of wild animals in traveling circuses show that circuses cannot meet the physical or behavioral needs of wild animals. Animals are confined in small spaces, deprived of physical and social needs, spending excessive amounts of time shut in trailers. These animals are often seen behaving abnormally; rocking, swaying and pacing, all indicating that they are in distress and not coping with their environment. ADI’s video evidence has shown how these animals are forced to perform tricks through physical violence, fear and intimidation.
The Traveling Exotic Animal and Public Safety Protection Act (TEAPSPA, HR5999/S3220) seeks to prohibit the use of exotic and wild animals in traveling performances. 50 countries have now banned the use of wild animals in circuses; it’s time the United States caught up.
Day of action #1
We need to show members of Congress that people care about the suffering of animals. Please send an email to your Representative and Senators today, asking them to support TEAPSPA and to sign on as a co-sponsor. Then follow up with a call to make sure that your message was received and ask to meet with your legislators when they are in their district office.
We have made it as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Go to bit.ly/SupportTEAPSPA, enter the first line of your address and zip code & click ‘GO’.
- This will bring up your Senators and Representative, and a template email – fill in your contact details and feel free to personalize this text with your own words if you have time.
- Click ‘Send’
IT ONLY TAKES MINUTES – DON’T DELAY SEND THE EMAIL NOW!
If you have already contacted them, please do so again – they need to know you care.
Make today the day that your members of Congress decided to help these suffering animals. You are their voice – please use it today.
Day of action #2
Phone calls are especially effective, so for today’s day of action, we are asking you to please follow up your email with a call. Let them know that you are following up on an email you sent and that you would like to schedule a meeting in their district office to discuss why a ban on wild and exotic animals in traveling circuses is important to you.
DON’T DELAY TAKE ACTION TODAY at bit.ly/SupportTEAPSPA
- Enter the first line of your address and zip code & click ‘GO’.
- Above the template letters, click on the phone icon – this will bring up your legislator’s names and phone numbers, as well as talking points that you can use.
- Ask to schedule a meeting with your legislator when they are in their district office.
- Once you have scheduled a meeting, let us know at email@example.com and we can send you lobby packs full of information that you can leave with your legislators in support of the bill.
Thank you for taking action and giving the animals a voice. With your help, we can Stop Circus Suffering in the US!